1/1 Photo of 50/50 Fruit Cordial
My mum used to make this all the time when we were kids. I used to make it for my DH who absolutely loved it, but now his diet won't allow him to have it. It can be made with all Lemons or all Oranges, whatever takes your fancy, or whatever you may have an abundance of. Mum's recipe was written in pints and not litres so I have left it this way, but the amount you get depends on the size of the bottles, and when serving you may like to add more or use less cordial pending on your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sugar and acids in a large mixing bowl. Grate the rind of the fruit and add the sugar and acids in bowl.
- 2Squeeze juice from the fruit and add to mixture.
- 3Pour the boiling water over and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Cool the mixture strain and then bottle.
- 5To serve dilute with ice cold water, mixing one part of cordial to four parts of water.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 50/50 Fruit Cordial
Serving Size: 1 (1294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2646.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 699.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.4 g
- Sugars 651.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: