Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This Australian recipe uses bush tomatoes which are incredible and have hints of caramel, tamarillo and sundried tomato flavour.
- 300 ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped (try to get the purpley stuff if you can find it)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon of mountain pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons bush tomatoes
- Put all ingredients in your mixer and set on medium for about 3 minutes until the mix is uniform in colour and texture.
- Alternatively mix by hand until uniform.
- Flavour matures overnight, especially the finer taste from the bush tomatoes so make a day or two before use, keeps for at least a week& freezes well.