Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just don't think you can go wrong with the combination of apples, cinnamon and raisins. In fact, if you are baking egg-free sweet breads, cakes and muffins, apples are one of your best culinary friends. They help to bind and add texture and flavor that is not too overpowering (you could use an extra pinch of cinnamon if you wanted more of a kick) and create a light springy texture. If you need to whip up a treat for anyone with food allergies, these are fantastic. I have to say, though, I served these up to a ton of my toxic omnivore friends and they gobbled them up with glee.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, bean or 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 cup organic rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups agave nectar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups sultanas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 325°F.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients in your stand mixer.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients then add to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Cook for about 30 - 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.