Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very quick and easy recipe, to take for Christmas or New Year drinks. Both adults and kids will love them. A sugar thermometre is a must for this recipe.
- Spray about 30 mini muffin papers with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside. Do not skip this step, it is easier for people to remove the caramels when serving.
- Over a gentle heat stir together the sugar, cream and golden syrup in a medium saucepan . Bring to a boil and insert a sugar thermometer into the liquid; cook, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 120°C
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds and orange zest.
- Use a small spoon & fill each mini muffin paper half full with the caramel mixture. Let caramels cool completely before putting in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.