Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple dessert custard. Serve with some fresh fruit or canned. Can be made suitable for a gluten-free diet by ensuring the cornflour/cornstarch used is gluten-free. Ready in less than 10 minutes and can be served warm or cold as desired
- Blend the cornstarch with a little of the milk. Add the remaining milk.
- Add the egg and cream, whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and stir constantly over a low heat until the custard thicks. DO NOT BOIL as your mixture may curdle.
- Alternately, instead of the saucepan mixture-you can use the micro-wave. Use medium low heat and stir at 1 minute intervals until the custard thickens.
- Stir in the ground almonds, vanilla and sugar.
- Serve warm or cold as desired.
I cooked it in the microwave. That made it easier. The taste is so good. It's perfectly sweet, not too much. Thanks Jubes :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for February 2012