Prep 20 mins
Cook 19 mins
I love this for summer dinner parties.
Make and share this Almond Peachy Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 185 g blanched almonds
- 1 cup coconut (Aussie cup is 250 mls)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (see above)
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (822 g) cansliced peaches
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- Blend almonds in food processor.
- Stir in coconut and sugar.
- Rub butter into mixture.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs onto the base and sides of a greased 23cm flan tin.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the reserved crumbs into a small pan and stir over a low heat until golden brown.
- This takes about 4 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, salt, 1/2 a cup of the sifted icing sugar, juice, rind, and vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Arrange the well drained peaches decoratively over the top of the filling.
- Lightly whip the cream and remaining sifted icing sugar.
- Spoon or pipe around the edge of the pie.
- Sprinkle with the toasted crumbs and then refrigerate before serving.
This is wonderful!! It has a creamy filling with a crunchy shell. The taste of the peaches with the sour cream is great! I baked the crust at 350° for 12 minutes. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Jan!
This is a wonderful recipe, i have been using it for years. Today I have made individual small pies and used butternut snap biscuits for the crust, just put them in small patty tins and cook for about 10 minutes or until they soften. Reserve one biscuit for topping. Proceed as normal, when you come to the topping, process reserved bisciut in a food processor and sprinkle over the top. This method is so quick and easy if you are in a tearing hurry.
What a lovely recipe. I wasn't sure what coconut to use, so i did use freshly grated coconut. I did make one change, I used freshly grated ginger since i'm not really fond of orange flavors. I'm going to try this with fresh mangos next time. Thanks!