I made a huge batch of strawberry jam this weekend as we're inundated with strawbs at the moment and it's always a sin to let them go to waste. My other half isn't really a fan of jam so asked if I'd make some jam tarts (like you get in Tesco!) but as I couldn't find the right kind of recipe I made this instead! This is something a friend of mine made (Amy) made for me one morning when I lived in Brisbane, Australia. They are so simple to make and are a lovely sweet dessert. Because strawberries are in season I served the puffs with a few fresh strawberries and a white chocolate sauce as well (just melted white chocolate and cream mixed together) and we both gobbled them up! My other half even said they were much, much better than shop brought jam tarts - praise indeed, bless him! You can make these with whatever jam/marmelade you like really, but do note that this is a big serving of a very sweet pudding so you may want to half it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200c (or whatever the pastry packet recommends).
- 2Cut the puff pastry into 8 equal-sized pieces (keep them rectangular).
- 3put a teaspoonful or so of jam in the middle of each pastry rectange.
- 4fold up two opposite corners of the pastry and join in the middle (like a danish). You'll also need to curl up the other two corners of the pastry because otherwise when the pastry puffs up the jam will get pushed off onto the baking tray.
- 5Place on a baking tray (I like to grease with some 1-cal cooking spray) and brush the top of each pastry with milk/egg.
- 6Bake for approximately 10-15 mins or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- 7Cool for a few minutes before serving (because the jam gets HOT).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Strawberry Jam Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.8
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g