Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We may not get snow for Christmas, but we make a beautiful sweet slice called "White Christmas". Great for gift baskets - definitely an Australian icon. This recipe is from a clipping I have kept as a young bride circa 1989.
- Line a slice tin with silicone paper.
- In a large bowl combine the powdered milk, rice bubbles, cherries, sultanas, icing sugar & coconut.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Melt copha over a low heat, cool slightly & then mix into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into the lined tin.
- Cut another piece of silicon paper the length of the tin & place on top of the White Christmas mixture. Smooth the surface by pressing your hands over the silicone paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour to set. Cut into 1 inch squares or triangles.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Merry Christmas.
An easy-to-make treat -- and very Australian. It is a little sweet for my tastebuds, so would probably cut back on the icing sugar in future. For those who are wondering, Crisco shortening is a good substitute for copha. Made for Pick a Chef. Thanks Catherine for being a great adoptee.
An Ausie christmas favourite, thanks for posting, I couldn't find my recipe