I love these Asian type cabbage salads and this is great with all its fresh herbs. I serve the noodles seperately for everyone to sprinkle over as I hate the mushy noodles in the leftovers. That bit's up to you.
- 1⁄2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 50 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1 large carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, torn
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger, slices
- 100 g fried crunchy noodles
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl (reserving the noodles if you are like me).
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour over salad just before serving and toss well to coat. Serve at once!