ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps. These biscuits were created during World War 1 and the were sent to the troops called ANZACS. They are one of the most popular Australian biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (I'm guessing about 325-350°F).
- Melt butter and syrup over stove until all melted and combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, oats, sugar, coconut and baking powder.
- Add to this the butter and if needed the boiling water.
- Roll biscuits into small balls and gently push down.
- Place on over tray and bake for 15 minutes.