Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is adapted from the CWA (Country Women's Association of Australia) cookbook, Country Classics. Simple and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line base and sides of a 10.5cm by 21 cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix.
- Combine eggs, essence and cooled melted margarine, and stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in apples and sultanas.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for approximately 55 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins in pan, then turn out to wire rack to cool completely.