1/2 Photos of Apple Cake Top
1 hr 20 mins
This is a really old family favourite that my mum often made. Now I make it! It's OK with tinned pie apples (but home cooked are best), it's good over stewed apricots, peaches, nectarines, quinces, and it's nice to mix stewed rhubarb in with the apple when it's available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place apples, sugar, water and cloves in a saucepan, cook until tender.
- 2Place in a greased casserole dish.
- 3Keep hot.
- 4cream butter and castor sugar, add egg.
- 5Sift in the flour and milk alternately.
- 6Pour the batter over the apples.
- 7Bake in a moderate oven for 35-45 minutes.
- 8Serve with cream, ice cream, custard-or all of them!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake Top
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 128.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: