Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted for a request. It comes from a very old copy of a PWMU (Presbyterian Women's Missionary Union) cookbook. Crumbles are a favourite winter dessert for my family, and one I actually make, as they are so simple.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Cook in water and sugar until soft.
- Place in a greased pie dish, cover with the combined topping ingredients.
- Bake in a moderate (350f) oven for 30 minutes.
- *Otherfruits may be used.
excellent!. I was a little concerned about the amount of liquid when I poured it in the pan. No need...turned out just right!
Hubby and Little Miss declared this was the best crumble we have made. I also added frozen blueberries and blackberries, which were hand picked by us and then frozen. It was delicious Jan, thanks for posting the recipe.
This apple crumble was just scrumptous! It couldn't have been any easier to make. The topping just set it off. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.