Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe from the back of a pack of Sunbeam Pistachio kernals. I haven't tried this yet as a gluten-free slice. A nice slice to have with a cuppa
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice or 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped (measured -kernals only. no shells)
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (recipe suggests usingeggs weighing 70 grams each)
- 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- apricot jam, for glazing
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine flour the flour, mixed spice,diced apricots, pistachio kernals and the sugar in a large bowl. Add the margarine, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined lamington tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC or until golden brown.
- Whilst still warm, glaze the slice with melted apricot jam.