Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
This is an all time favourite in our family, my mum used to make it when we were little, its sure to please.
- combine apricots and nectar in bowl and stand for an hour.
- grease and line round cake pan.
- cream butter & sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- beat in egg yolks one at a time, beat until well combined.
- stir in coconut, then half the sifted flour and half the apricot mixture, stir in remaining flour and apricots.
- add choc bits.
- beat egg whites in bowl until soft peaks form, fold into mixture until well combined.
- spread in pan and bake in oven for about 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- stand for 5 minutes before turning onto cooling rack.
- dust with sifted icing sugar.
Yummy cake! This was just delicious.