Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
For the apricot and chocolate lovers.
Make and share this Apricot Chocolate Chip Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and line a round cake pan.
- Combine dried apricots and nectar in a bowl and stand for 1 hour.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Stir in coconut, then half of the flour and baking powder and half the apricot mixture.
- Stir in remaining flour, baking powder and apricot and all the choc chips.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks forms, fold gently into cake mixture and spread batter into cake pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Stand for 5 minutes then turn onto a rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve if desired.
What a wonderful cake! It combines two of my favourite flavours - apricot and chocolate! I baked it in a 10" springform pan and it came out great. I just wanted to mention - if this is the same recipe from the Australian Woman's Weekly Home Library Cakes and Slices Cookbook, which I suspect it is, you didn't say that the recipe calls for 1-1/2 cups SELF-RAISING flour! This may affect the outcome for other who wish to try the recipe.
i had a bit of trouble with this one- my round cake pan was not big enough for the batter, it was overflowing all over my oven within the first 15 minutes of baking. i put a baking pan underneath it and when it was done it did taste good. i used white chocolate chips