Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
For the apricot and chocolate lovers.
Make and share this Apricot Chocolate Chip Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and line a round cake pan.
- Combine dried apricots and nectar in a bowl and stand for 1 hour.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Stir in coconut, then half of the flour and baking powder and half the apricot mixture.
- Stir in remaining flour, baking powder and apricot and all the choc chips.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks forms, fold gently into cake mixture and spread batter into cake pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Stand for 5 minutes then turn onto a rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve if desired.