These are a delicious healthy snack and they are also gluten free. A great addition to a lunchbox. Children love them. Very simple to make. Fruit medley has dried diced apricot, apple and sultanas
- 300 g dried mixed fruit (called fruit medley in Australia)
- 150 g dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- Place the fruit medley, dried apricots and coconut milk in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Add a small amount extra cocnut milk if needed for a rollable consistency.
- Shape into balls and roll in the coconut. Refrigerate until firm.
These are quick, easy and so delicious. I live on the other side of the world now and these so reminded me of Aussie health bars, we can not get anything like it here in Switzerland. My whole family loved them and I had to ask them not eat them all as I want to take a few to mum's so that they can all try them, I know they will absolutely love these. I made as is but found I needed quite a bit more coconut milk than stated but that is neither here nor there. A super recipe Jubes I will be hanging onto this one as it gives me a little taste of home that is so healthy too. :)
These were so yummy, a bit like an apricot health bar in taste. Very easy & very quick to make. I actually didnt have coconut milk but substituted by using Creamy Coconut Milk Creamy Coconut Milk by mielhollinger, and they turned out fantastic. They didn't last long here, but I think (actually I know) I made the balls a little too big because I only got 20. DH would like them again to take to work and everyone loved them. Great recipe Jubes, and I will be making these again.