Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy tasty chicken from my slimmers book.
Make and share this Apricot Ginger Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook chicken until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To make sauce, combine ginger in skillet with apricot nectar, sherry and soya sauce.
- Bring to boil, stir in blended cornstarch and water, stir constantly over heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add green onions and cumin.
- Serve over chicken.
Very easy to follow recipe, awesome yummy dinner! I tried as hard as possible to stick to the recipe ingrediants wise, however did put apricots into the mix along with the syrup. (I like the extra bulk). Also served on a bed of brown rice. Rice took so long to cook that I ended up just putting the chicken in the sauce while I waited which let the flavour seep into the chicken. Thanks for a great meal!
The ingredients for this recipe were perfect however the amounts weren't quite right to me. I added extra of everything but the chicken, oil, and cumin, and the end result was very good. I was also a little disappoint that after I added the sauce to the chicken, the nice browning on the chicken went away. Even though it was still very moist and tasteful, it wasn't as eye appealing as I would have liked. Next time I might use the sauce just for dipping.
very good, I had to increase the ingredients slighty for 7 breasts, I omitted the cumin although I might add it in next time, I also added in 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic with the ginger, thanks for sharing Jewelies!