Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from 'Fatty's Big BBQ Book'. I suspect Gail Stanton who compiled the recipes may have had more input that Paul (Fatty) Vaugtin - an Australian rugby player. Preparation time does not include 4 hours to marinate.
- Combine nectar, dried apricots, oil, golden syrup, garlic rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the lamb cubes and marinate in the fridge at least 4 hours.
- Thread lamb cubes onto skewers alternating between apricot, onion and bell pepper between each piece.
- Cook on a BBQ grill, brushing ocasionally with the marinade.
- Reduce remaining marinate in a saucepan and serve over the top of the kebabs.
Very tasty, not too sweet. My lamb was a little overcooked -my fault for cutting the cubes too small. Next time I'll make sure I cut the lamb into nice big cubes. Well worth making again for company or to take as a plate to a BBQ as it looks good too. Now I just have to look for a recipe for the rest of the apricot nectar... :)