3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Sara 76's Note:
This is from a set of recipe cards my sister received as a gift when we were all still living at home. This quickly became a family favourite, and is still loved by all of us!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 155 g plain sweet biscuits
- 75 g butter
- 470 g apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 375 g low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 2Combine finely crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly on to base of 20cm springform tin. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Measure 1 cup aricot nectar from can (reserve remainder for topping). Pour nectar into small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over.
- 5Place over low heat and stir until gelatine dissolves; allow to cool and thicken slightly.
- 6Beat softened cream cheese and sugar until mixture is smooth and creamy, add lemon juice.
- 7Beat in apricot mixture, then fold in whipped cream.
- 8Pour mixture into crumb crust, refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 10Place sugar and arrowroot in saucepan. Gradually stir in reserved apricot nectar.
- 11Bring mixture to the boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and add rum.
- 12Continue stirring for a few minutes to allow mixture to cool slightly.
- 13Spread topping over cheesecake, refrigerate until topping sets.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Nectar Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g