Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The original recipe uses steak. I prefer thin veal. It also used a slightly hotter oven, 200C. My oven cooks quite hot so I changed this to 180C.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Saute bacon and onion in a medium pan until onion is tender.
- Spoon a little onto each piece of veal. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Dust in flour, shaking off excess. Brown all over in hot oil. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Combine nectar, soup mix and sauce and pour over rolls.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour or until cooked.
- Saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add cooked rice and serve with rolls.
Yum, Yum and Yum is all I can say this is delicious. Had to make changes as to what I could buy from the store, couldn't get apricot nectar so I bought a can of apricots and blended, as they were in natural juice I added 1 Tablespoon apricot jam for sweetness. I also could not get a pack of onion soup mix only onion sauce pack so I used that. I bought 8 small veal medallions, used 1 small onion as I was only making for 2, added 3 slices of bacon, we can only buy streaky bacon here, so if making for 4 you would need more, if you can not buy normal good size bacon. Just wanted to share how to adapt if you can not get exact ingredients, but I am sure it turned out pretty close to how it should taste. I can only say this was awesome and we loved this, did less cooking time to account for small rolls. I served over wild rice cooked in vegetable stock personal preference and added some fresh chopped chives as well as the mushrooms. I would recommend this highly it really is soooo goood. A wonderful post easy quick and so full of flavour. Excellent Jewelies thanks for sharing