1/2 Photos of Aromatic Leg of Lamb
This recipe is one I found in "Good Housekeeping" magazine a good while ago. It gives a subtle flavor to the lamb and, to my way of thinking, is simply excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the lamb with the cut side of the garlic cloves.
- 2Discard garlic.
- 3In a mortar with pestle, crush fennel, cumin, and coriander seeds.
- 4(Or, place seeds in a heavy weight plastic bag; use rolling pin to crush the seeds) In a small bowl combine crushed seeds with Olive Oil and salt Using your hands rub the lamb with the crushed seed mixture Place lamb on BBQ over medium heat.
- 5Cook 15-20 minutes (for medium-rare) turning occasionally.
- 6Or cook until it reaches your preferred doneness.
- 7Thickness of butterflied lamb will vary throughout: cut off sections of lamb as they are cooked to your liking and keep warm.
- 8If desired serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 532.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.7 g