bluemoon downunder's Note:
Asian Pork Mini Meatloaves made in a muffin pan and served with noodle salad. Adapted from a recipe by Liz Macri in the February 2008 issue of the Australian magazine 'Super Food Ideas'. Conversions: 500g = 16oz. so 600g is about 31/2 oz over the pound weight. 225g = approximately 71/2 oz.; 250g = 8oz..
My Private Note
Asian M ...
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g ground pork (for Americans) or 600 g ground pork (for Australians)
- 1/4 cup char siu sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 -2 lemon, zest of, depending on taste preferences
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red chili pepper, deseeded, finely chopped (to taste)
- 225 g sliced bamboo shoots, drained, finely chopped
Herb and noodle salad
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 and grease 4 holes of a 6-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity texas muffin pan.
- 2Combine the ground pork/pork mince, 2 tablespoons of the char siu sauce, garlic, lemon zest, fish sauce, coriander, chilli and bamboo shoots in a bowl.
- 3Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin holes; brush the tops with the remaining char sui sauce; bake for 25 minutes or until the mini meatloaves are cooked through; stand them in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make herb and noodle salad: Place noodles in a heatproof bowl; cover them with boiling water; set aside for 5 minutes or until they are tender; drain the noodles; rinse them under cold water; return them to the bowl; using scissors, cut the noodles into 8cm/3" lengths; add the lemon segments over noodles; add the mint, coriander, cucumber and oil and toss gently to combine.
- 5Gently lift the meatloaves from the muffin pan holes and serve them with the noodle salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Mini Meatloaves With Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.4
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 559.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
char siu sauce
lemons, zest of