Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT 5
Make and share this Asian Ostrich Meatball recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground ostrich
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- Sprinkle garlic powder and salt over ostrich, stir until well distributed.
- Shape meat into about 30 small balls. Brown meat balls in hot oil. Remove meat balls from skillet.
- Dissolve corn starch in pineapple juice.
- Place all remaining ingredients except cornstarch mixture in a big pan or skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture. Raise heat and stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Add meat balls, lower heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.