1/1 Photo of Asian Pork Patties
bluemoon downunder's Note:
This recipe - by Rodney Dunn - is from the March 2001 issue of the 'Australian Good Taste' magazine. I have made these patties - served as a first course - with the chillis for guests who like hot and spicy food (and they've loved them) and for myself minus the chillis! Some useful conversions: 350g = a tad more than 11oz.; 50g = approximately 13/4oz.
My Private Note
Asian P ...
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g ground pork (for Americans) or 350 g pork mince (for Australians)
- 1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 50 g green beans, topped, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 long green chili, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil, extra
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 1Place the ground pork/pork mince, carrot, beans, onion, coriander and 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce and optional egg (if using) in a bowl; use your hands to mix until all the ingredients are well-combined; divide the mixture into 12 portions and use your hands to shape each into 2cm-thick/3/4", round 5cm/2" patties.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick, over a medium-high heat; add half the patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until they are golden-brown; transfer the cooked patties to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside; repeat with the remaining patties.
- 3Meanwhile, place the chilli, lime juice, sugar, extra oil and the remaining fish sauce in a small bowl; stir to combine and set aside.
- 4Place lettuce leaves on the serving plates; top with the patties and drizzle with a little of the lime mixture; serve with the remaining lime mixture.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork Patties
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g