1/2 Photos of Asian Style Cabbage Rolls
I saw Huey make something similar this morning, but I'm not paying to join HIS site. He used pork, I want to use turkey, he microwaved his in a little Asian flavoured sort of broth-I prefer to steam mine. I combined his ideas, my ideas and those of a similar recipe I found on the net to come up with these
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large cabbage leaves, whole
- 200 g ground turkey
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled cut into thin match sticks
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup water chestnut, diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup shredded snow peas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100 g cellophane noodles, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 1Set up a steamer, add enough water to cover the bottom by an inch or so, and bring it to a boil. Separate the 8 cabbage leaves. Steam the leaves for 5 minutes or just until they are pliable. Cool them under cold water and set aside. Trim the thick core from each leaf.
- 2Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 3Lay each cabbage leaf out onto a work surface. Divide the filling into eight (around 3 tablespoonsa roll) then lay a portion on each leaf.
- 4To roll, fold one end of the cabbage leaf over the filling. Fold in each side then roll into a log shape.
- 5Place the cabbage rolls on a plate and chill before cooking. This recipe may be made up to one day ahead to this point.
- 6To cook the cabbage rolls, place them in a steamer set over, not in, boiling water. Steam them for 15 minutes to thoroughly cook them. Serve them with a soy dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 286.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g