Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Australian magazine New Idea. Photo is a half recipe and it was a delicious appetiser.
Make and share this Asparagus and Salmon With Dill Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 8 slices smoked salmon, halved widthways (200g packet)
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
Dill Salad Cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water until cold, then pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Wrap one piece of smoked salmon around each spear; place on a serving platter.
- To make the dill salad cream, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle some of the cream over the spears, garnish with dill sprigs and serve the remaining cream seperately.