bluemoon downunder's Note:
Quiche is always so versatile - an easy-to-prepare dinner, lunch or snack; and individual quiches are great for take-to-work lunches or for picnics or potlucks. Made with the canned vegetables, this can be made very quickly but it can, of course, also be made with fresh or frozen vegetables. If you are using frozen vegetables, steam them briefly and make sure that all excess liquid has been drained off - or saved for making soup, such as my Vegetable Stock. I've adapted this recipe from one I found on the Simply Great Meals website. Conversions: 425g = approximately 131/2 ounces; 125g = 4 ounces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1/2 cup lean bacon, chopped (middle rashers are best, trimmed of all fat)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, grated zest of (optional -- NOT to be included if you don't like lemony flavours!)
- sprinkling rosemary, to taste (optional)
- sprinkling sage, to taste (optional)
- sprinkling thyme, to taste (optional)
- 425 g asparagus tips, drained
- 125 g corn kernels, drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream (fat-reduced or low-fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1Line eight 10cm/4" quiche pans with pastry.
- 2Cook the bacon, onion and garlic in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes; add the parsley and the lemon zest, rosemary, sage and thyme (if using); allow the mixture to cool slightly before spooning it into the pastry cases.
- 3Evenly divide the drained cans of Asparagus Tips and Corn Kernels into the pastry cases; combine the eggs and cream and pour the mixture over the asparagus and sprinkle with grated tasty cheese.
- 4Bake the quiches in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/6 gas mark for 20 minutes.
- 5NOTE: You can opt for making a single quiche rather than individual quiches, in which case the quiche should be cooked for 30 minutes or until the quiche has set.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus & Corn Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (1684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 238.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g