Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This simple, tasty recipe comes from Australian site www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au This dish serves 4 for a light lunch or 6 as an entrée or side dish. Remember not to overcook the asparagus!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crisp the capers in the olive oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frypan. Remove when crispy and drain on kitchen paper.
- 2Shave the parmesan with a vegetable peeler.
- 3Snap ends off the asparagus spears to a uniform length.
- 4Steam the asparagus over boiling water until just cooked and bright green, not overcooked and khaki coloured (approx. 5 minutes).
- 5Divide asparagus between four serving plates. Top with chopped egg, shaved parmesan and crisped capers.
- 6Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- 7serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Egg, Parmesan and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.0
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 229.1 mg
- Sodium 575.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g