1/3 Photos of Asparagus With Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese
We had this simple, delicious starter in a Bali restaurant recently. I've since made it at home to rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a pan of water to the boil, drop the asparagus in and cook for about 2 minutes or until just, just tender crisp. Plunge into iced water to stop them cooking, then drain.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, the add the asparagus to the pan, tossing and turning gently in the butter until hot.
- 4Divide amongst 4 plates, then sprinkle each serve with the cheese.
- 5We liked crusty bread to mop up the rest of the garlic butter, but it's up to you!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.0
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 408.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g