I just found this in a pile of magazines, and thought it would be good for the board meetings we cater for at work-or weddings, parties, anything!
- Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- Cut the prosciutto in half lengthways, and wrap one piece of prosciutto around an asparagus spear, leaving the tip exposed.
- Cut the pastry into 4, lay the asparagus and prosciutto across the 1/4 pastry on the diagonol, then pull it up to form an open ended parcel.
- Lightly brush with the beaten egg.
- Repeat with the remaining 15.
- Arrange on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with a sweet chilli sauce on the side.
This was wonderful! I wrapped the Prosciutto around the asparagus. You didn't mention the puff pastry, but I assumed it was to be wrapped around next which I did. The combination of the asparagus, prosciutto and pastry is a great combination. What an attractive dish this is. I used this as an appetizer and my guests were pleased. Thanks for sharing. :-)
This is a beautiful and simple dish that tastes fantastic. (I don't eat meat, but had a bit of the prosciutto. Let me say that one bite surpassed all the pork I'd had in life before going veggie!) Anyway, I did not brush egg on the pastry simply because I forgot to do so and it turned out fine. I'll make these for most future dinner parties, I expect. Thank you for posting!
I made a vegetarian version by substituting salt, white pepper and caramelized thin-sliced onion for the prosciutto. I also skipped the egg and brushed melted butter on the outside for a lovely golden-brown cover. I baked at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Thanks so much for the delicious recipe; everyone loved it!!