A yummy frittata. When making this, I've used a herb grinder which has in it a wonderful combination of rosemary and sage, so if you like sage, you may want to add a bit of sage as well. Alternatively, you could add other herbs such as oregano, marjoram or thyme. Obviously you may also use more or less cloves of garlic - depending on your taste preferences.
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, slightly more is fine
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons light cream or 2 tablespoons light cream, is fine
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C; sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil and lemon juice until just softened; layer the vegetables in an ovenproof dish, sprinkling the rosemary (or your choice of herbs) and walnuts on top of your first layer of vegetables.
- Combine the eggs, cream, cheese and seasoning and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes and serve with salad greens.