Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I personally love the flavour that lamb sausages gives to this recipe and I've sucessfully used rissoles in place of sausages. We often make this for a lazy dinner too.
- 6 sausages
- 6 large portabella mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 fresh tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 6 eggs
- toast, buttered, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Arrange the sausages and mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven, turning once, for 10 minutes. Add the bacon and tomato and bake for a further 10 minutes or until mushrooms and tomato are soft.
- Arrange the mixture in the pan to create 6 spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately with buttered toast, if desired.
Absolutely delectable and a brekkie that set us up for the day, what is NOT to like! I used half of the listed ingredients for two greedy people! Made for Aussie/NZ swap and VERY late, sorry! THANKS Jewelies! FT PS: I used 90% French Toulouse sausages. :-)