Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
From a site online.
Make and share this Aussie Beer Batter Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Dust fish fillets with cornflour.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Add beer gradually, stirring well until smooth.
- Dip the fish fillets into batter.
- Cook in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges, tartare sauce and hot chips.
Yum, nice crisp & light batter! Made all as directed but served along with a coleslaw instead of the chips.
This a a great beer batter. Besides the fish we also made onion rings and cheese curds. Thanks for sharing!
I tried it with a Locally made Ale. It was sheer perfection! Better then any I've ever had. Messy and time consuming but SOO worth it.