A recipe found on the Australian version of All Recipes and added with ZWT 5 in mind. It sounds like an easy and tasty breakfast to start the day.
- Melt some butter or margarine over medium heat in a large frypan.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook and stir until the onion is transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and bacon, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove the frypan from the hotplate and place the vegetable-bacon mixture in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the same frypan.
- Cook and stir gently just until the eggs are soft.
- Stir the vegetable-bacon mixture into the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs until firm.
- Remove the frypan from the hotplate and stir in the tomato and cheese.
Like SueL said, this has a riot of colorful ingredients and super tasty breakfast. DH and I loved it an will make again. Made by an Epicurean Queen for ZWT5.
This had a riot of colorful ingredients in it, but the egg held it all together nicely and the flavor was superb, especially with a splash of tabasco on top. I think this would be nice in a flour tortilla as well, with some extra cheese to help seal the torilla to the egg, and either pan grilled or nuked. We all enjoyed here. Reviewed by a Saucy Senorita for ZWT5.
This was fantastic, and wonderful with toast! I will be enjoying this often. Made for ZWT5.