The typical Aussie burger with the works, beetroot included. Try it, you just might like it!
Make and share this Aussie Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- salt and pepper
Topping for Burgers
- 40 g butter
- 2 large onions, cut in thin rings
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed
- 4 large hamburger buns, halved
- shredded lettuce, for serving
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 large pickled beets, sliced, drained (out of tin)
- 4 pineapple rings, drained
- ketchup, for serving
- Combine ground beef, chopped onion, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, steak seasoning, salt and pepper in bowl, mix with hands to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 and shape into round patties.
- Heat 1/2 butter in pan, add onion rings and cook over medium heat until browned, drain, keep warm.
- Heat skillet or grill (broiler), brush with oil.
- Cook patties 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through, place cheese slice on each patty.
- While patties are cooking heat remaining butter in skillet and fry eggs and bacon until cooked.
- Toast buns and place bases on serving plates.
- On each bun place lettuce, tomato, beetroot, pineapple, then meat patty, onion rings, bacon, egg and finally bun top.
- Add extra ketchup.
- Enjoy with an icy cold beer!