1/1 Photo of Aussie Chicken
Found this recipe on the internet and wanted to post it for the ZWT5 I read that this is a popular chicken dish in Australia. Update 23/05/09 A few reviewers have stated that the amount of Seasoning Salt was overpowering in this dish. Original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons, I am cutting it down to 1 1/2 teaspoon. If the next person that makes the recipe, please let me know if this is still too overpowering. Thank You.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded to 1/2 inch thickness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Rub the chicken breasts with the seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until crisp. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes. Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the breasts in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove from skillet and place the breasts into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Apply the honey mustard sauce to each breast, then layer each breast with mushrooms and bacon. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.2
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: