1/2 Photos of Aussie Damper - Sweet or Savoury- You Decide
A really easy damper recipe- I remember making these when I was still at school. To make a savoury damper, you can really add any herbs of choice, such as chopped parsley, chives, cracked black pepper. Damper is usually served with lashings of butter or for a sweet damper with butter, honey, golden syrup or strawberry jam
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For a cheese damper -option)
- 110 g tasty cheese or 100 g cheddar cheese
For a sweet damper -option
- 1Preheat oven to 180-190°F.
- 2Using a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and the salt.
- 3Add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips.
- 4Add the milk and stir it in with a rounded blad knife/butterknife. The dough should be fairly soft, but not too sticky.
- 5Tourn out onto a lightly floured board and shape into a soft smooth ball.
- 6Place the damper ball onto a baking sheet and flatten gently. Cut a cross into the top of the damper and brush with a little milk.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- 8Variations- for the cheese damper add 100 grams of cheese before adding the milk. Add any extra herbs of choice. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese before baking.
- 9For the sweet damper- add the sweet ingredients with the milk.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Damper - Sweet or Savoury- You Decide
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 758.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g