Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
This looked like a yummy Aussie grilled fish!! Prep time includes marinating time...
Make and share this Aussie Grilled Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fish steaks (use halibut, salmon or swordfish steaks between 8-10 oz and at least 1 inch thick.)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, cayenne pepper and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste.
- 2. Marinate the fish in the marinade for 45-60 minutes. Turn steaks 2-3 times.
- 3. Have the grill prepared with white coals and brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon oil.
- 4. Grill the fish, brushing several times with the marinade, until cooked through and opaque in the center.
- 5. Turn fish after about 4-5 minutes. Total grilling time will depend on your grill and the heat of the coals.
- 6. To broil instead, use a broiler pan brushed with oil and broil until center is opaque. Will take about 10 minutes total in broiler. Turn steaks after 5 minutes, and baste often with marinade.
Really nice fish dish! I used Nile perch and did this in my oven broiler. This fish was moist and I loved the combination of the mustard and the ginger. Made for ZWT5.