1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I love to cook stews & this is a favourite. It has a lovely rich & tangy flavour. From 'Country Treasures' cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg shoulder lamb chop
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 1Trim chops of any fat.
- 2Mix flour with salt& pepper, curry powder and ginger and coat chops with the mixture.
- 3Heat half of the butter in a heavy based pan& brown lamb chops on both sides.
- 4Remove to a plate.
- 5Add remaining butter to pan and cook onion gently until soft.
- 6Return lamb to pan.
- 7Mix vinegar, sauces, sugar and stock and pour over lamb.
- 8Cover, bring to simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- 9Skim any fat off surface and pumpkin.
- 10Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes or until lamb chops and pumpkin are tender.
- 11Serve with hot damper and mashed potato.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Jumbuck Stew
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.6
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 728.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 44.6 g