1/9 Photos of Aussie Lamb Burgers With Goat Cheese and Tomato Relish
This is from a book Simply Delicious Austaralian Lamb for Any Occasion. Posted for the World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs ground lamb
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 6 -8 large basil leaves, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, for coating (or flour)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for cooking
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split (or hamburger buns)
- 2 -3 tablespoons soft fresh goat cheese (or chevre)
- 1To make the burgers:.
- 2Combine the ground lamb, shallot, capers, basil and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Divide mixture into four burgers. Spread cornmeal(or flour) over a plate and press burgers into the mixture to coat. Preheata barbeque(or broiler) and brush with oil. Cook the burgers over a medium high heat for 6-7 minutes each side or until cooked as desired.
- 3To make the relish:.
- 4Place the tomatoes and onion into a preheated saute pan with the olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes. Add sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and let cool. Grill the buns(or broil), cut side down, until lightly toasted. Spread with goat cheese and top with the burgers. Serve with the tomato relish. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Lamb Burgers With Goat Cheese and Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.9
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 503.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft fresh goat cheese