1/6 Photos of Aussie Lamb Sandwich / Souvlaki
Peter J's Note:
Not a bad quick meal and feel free to substitute tomatoes for capsicum, and pretty much any other salad veggies you want. Maybe a few olives instead of the capers and the list goes on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g lamb steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 100 g lebanese bread (about 30cm or 12-inches round)
- 2 cups mesclun
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips (bell pepper)
- 1Place lamb strips, teriyaki sauce, garlic, Tabasco sauce, oil and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and marinate 30 minutes or so.
- 2Cook lamb on hot BBQ plate turning occasionally until cooked as desired (about 5 minutes will do the trick).
- 3Place Lebanese bread on a plate and top with mesclun mix and capers.
- 4Put sour cream over top in three dollops and place capsicum strips to the side, followed by the cooked lamb strips over the middle.
- 5Roll up starting by folding in at the top and bottom a little followed by tightly rolling at the sides.
- 6Place under a sandwich press for 5 minutes or so to make the bread crispy. This is optional but tastes a lot better.
- 7Enjoy with an ice cold beer in the other hand!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Lamb Sandwich / Souvlaki
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.4
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.7 mg
- Sodium 1800.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: