Not a bad quick meal and feel free to substitute tomatoes for capsicum, and pretty much any other salad veggies you want. Maybe a few olives instead of the capers and the list goes on.
- 200 g lamb steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 100 g lebanese bread (about 30cm or 12-inches round)
- 2 cups mesclun
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips (bell pepper)
- Place lamb strips, teriyaki sauce, garlic, Tabasco sauce, oil and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and marinate 30 minutes or so.
- Cook lamb on hot BBQ plate turning occasionally until cooked as desired (about 5 minutes will do the trick).
- Place Lebanese bread on a plate and top with mesclun mix and capers.
- Put sour cream over top in three dollops and place capsicum strips to the side, followed by the cooked lamb strips over the middle.
- Roll up starting by folding in at the top and bottom a little followed by tightly rolling at the sides.
- Place under a sandwich press for 5 minutes or so to make the bread crispy. This is optional but tastes a lot better.
- Enjoy with an ice cold beer in the other hand!