Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g mincemeat
- 415 g diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 375 g chunky salsa taco sauce (flavour pending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 420 g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 potatoes, peeled cubed
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (warmed)
- Heat oil in pan, add add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft, add mince and cook, stirring so as to break up any lumps in the mince, continue to cook mince until browned.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock, taco sauce, seasonings, drained kidney beans and sugar. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, frozen vegetables, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place warmed tortilla's on board, spoon the mince mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Fold one end of the tortilla over the filling and roll tortilla up firmly.
- Sour cream, shredded lettuce leaves or cheese can be also be added with the mince filling when wrapping tortilla's.