Updated after so-so reviews:D Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. From an Australian recipe website. Prep time does not include cook time for rice. Although I've stipulated imitation bacon bits, you are welcome to use real bacon if you'd prefer. Update: I finally tweaked this to a satisfactory end, so if you'd still like to try this I recommend it. I reduced the soy sauce and allspice, and upped the mayonnaise a bit. I really don't like salads too big on mayonnaise, but I still thought this could do with a bit more. I also agreed that the allspice and onions were tasty together, and the vegetables added a pleasing sweetness. I think water chestnuts instead of the bacon bits would be nice too. Thanks if you try this again!
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces canned corn (drained)
- 1 red capsicum, diced (bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup Bacos bacon bits (bacon flavoured bits)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (aka cilantro)
- Combine rice, vegetables and bacon bits.
- Mix soy sauce, mayonnaise, allspice and cilantro.
- Stir sauce into rice mixture and serve.