1/2 Photos of Australian Crab and Asparagus Soup
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Low Fat One Dish Recipes From Around The World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery & tops
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cups sliced asparagus spears
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. Saute the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and shallots, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- 2Sprinkle with flour and stir quickly to combine.
- 3Add the milk, stirring constantly, and cook till sauce is smooth.
- 4Add the water, sherry, rice, worcestershire, bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in the crab and asparagus.
- 7Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, till the soup is thickened and the asparagus is cooked.
- 8Discard bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Crab and Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: