For the 'zaar World Tour 2005
Make and share this Australian Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheshire cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fillets of sole (or any white fish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat. Add mushrooms and saute over medium heat until tender.
- Rub oil over shallow 4 quart baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place fish on cheese.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add green pepper and top with mushrooms.
- Pour wine over fillets.
- Bake at 450F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.
Delish!! I can't believe how easy this was to put together and how wonderful it tasted. I will certainly make this again and again. Thanks for a Super Duper Dinner!!
Excellent fish recipe thanks! I left out the butter and oil and used just veggie spray.My cheese was light sharp cheddar and instead of green pepper I used red because that was what I had. Very flavourful, quick and easy. I will be making it again, thanks for posting.
A quick fish dish that we thoroughly enjoyed. I did cut back the recipe to serve just the 2 of us. The mushrooms were baby portabella and the cheese was parmesan. I used orange roughy for the fish which was partially frozen when placed in the oven so the cooking time was increased slightly.