1/2 Photos of Australian-Irish Shepherd's Stew by Sy
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful Lamb Stew from the land "Down Under." I added some Turnips which will give it an Irish touch! Both Ireland and Australia/Oz have similar dishes! The original recipe can be found at; http://www.australian-lamb.com/recipeslamb?RID=147&MID=5
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, de-boned & cubed
- seasoned flour, blend
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) can chicken stock or 1 (24 ounce) can beef stock
- 1 medium carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 turnips, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1Combine the seasoned flour ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2Dust lamb.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet.
- 4Brown meat over high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Remove meat, discard fat and place meat in large pot (clean pot).
- 6Add chicken/beef stock, carrots, onions, celery, rosemary, thyme and parsley.
- 7Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 8Add potatoes, and simmer for 15 more minutes; don't over cook the potatoes and turnips.
- 9Remove lid.
- 10Add blended flour and water.
- 11Add Mixed Vegetables.
- 12Simmer uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- 13Season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian-Irish Shepherd's Stew by Sy
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 478.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops