1/2 Photos of Australian Jack
Bread rolls native to Australia though they sound more like a cake to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter; add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 2Dissolve the baking soda in the water and add, stirring well.
- 3Add the oatmeal and ginger, mixing well. The mixture should be fairly firm. If necessary, add a little more oatmeal.
- 4Knead lightly on a floured surface.
- 5Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 6Press the mixture in a buttered baking dish, about 8 x 12 inches. The dough should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Bake in the 300 degree oven for 35 minutes, or until brown on top.
- 8Cut into squares while hot.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Jack
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g