Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly.
Make and share this Australian Marshmallow Pavlova Slice recipe from Food.com.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition until all sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla and vinegar, beat further 1 minute. Spread meringue into buttered, wax-paper lined 11" x 7" pan which has been lightly floured. Bring paper over sides of pan so it is easy to remove slice when cooked. Bake at 300F for 45 minutes or until meringue is crisp and has a hard shell.
- Lift out carefully on to wire rack to cool. (You will notice the top of the pavlova has fallen slightly, giving room for the topping.) Trim edges with sharp knife.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form, spread cream over top of meringue. Peel bananas, cut into diagonal slices, put into the lemon juice to keep their colour. Hull strawberries, cut in half. Peel kiwi fruit, cut into slices. Remove pulp from passionfruit.
- Heat strawberry jam in small saucepan, push through sieve to remove seeds, brush jam over strawberry halves to give a glaze.
- Arrange banana slices, strawberries and kiwi fruit decoratively on top of pavlova, spoon passionfruit pulp over bananas. Whip remaining cream, pipe decoratively around edge of pavlova.
this is the same as Marshmallow Pavlova Slice. I made this for Canada Day dessert, turned out great. Thanks for the recipe.