1/35 Photos of Australian Meat Pie
This is The Australian Traditional Meat pie! usually eaten for lunch for just watching the aussie rules footy. You can make 1 big meat pie or more little ones from this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- 2Brown meat and onion.
- 3Add 3/4 cup of the water, bouillon cubes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg.
- 4Boil and cover for 15 minutes.
- 5Blend flour with the remaining 1/4 cup water until it becomes a smooth paste; add to the meat mix.
- 6Let cool.
- 7Grease a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
- 8Add the cooled filling mixture; brush edges of pastry with milk or beaten egg; put the pastry top on; press edges down with a fork.
- 9Trim edges and glaze top with milk or beaten egg.
- 10Bake in a very hot oven, 220 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 25 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Serve with veggies, fries, or salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.1
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 1095.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 33.8 g