This is The Australian Traditional Meat pie! usually eaten for lunch for just watching the aussie rules footy. You can make 1 big meat pie or more little ones from this recipe!
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Brown meat and onion.
- Add 3/4 cup of the water, bouillon cubes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg.
- Boil and cover for 15 minutes.
- Blend flour with the remaining 1/4 cup water until it becomes a smooth paste; add to the meat mix.
- Let cool.
- Grease a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
- Add the cooled filling mixture; brush edges of pastry with milk or beaten egg; put the pastry top on; press edges down with a fork.
- Trim edges and glaze top with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 220 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 25 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with veggies, fries, or salad.